August 22, 2011 § 2 Comments
1. To learn that you’re not the only woman who struggles with the practice the week before her monthly ‘holiday’.
2. That the practice is always constant, and that your body doesn’t lose muscle memory after two weeks off.
3. To be blessed with the ‘bonus’ of finally completing Garbha Pindasana and rocking up to Kukkutasana on your own, even if it meant getting beached once and taking 12 rolls instead of 9.
4. To finally be able to do a headstand without the wall, without fuss and without anxiety.
5. To drop back. It’s slowly turning into the highlight of my practice. The seconds between stretching out my arms for the ‘drop’ and landing firmly on my hands – it’s the mental edge right there. The balance between nervousness from the sensation of free falling (if only for a few inches) and the trust in my hands to break that drop – I love it. It’s probably my favorite part of dropping back. Getting up? Hmm…check back in a few months perhaps 😉